Engines Engineering at EICMA 2023
Engines Engineering and the Kapriony team return to EICMA 2023 with the definitive version of the prototype built with the aim of participating in the next edition of the Africa Eco Race
After the success found at EICMA 2022 with the presentation of the Ducati Desert X derived “MINA” prototype, in collaboration with the Kapriony team, Engines Engineering returns to the EICMA 2023 with the definitive version of motorcycle with the aim of participating in the next edition of the Africa Eco Race, the rally across Morocco, Mauritania and Senegal with the finish in Dakar.
In this year of development various technical interventions have been confirmed to make the motorcycle more specialized without distorting the original style:
– increase in front and rear suspension travel to 300 mm. The new equipment is also equipped with fully adjustable rebound and compression.
– swingarm design using FEM analysis techniques and advanced optimizers. The billet machined aluminium alloy swingarm was engineered with the aim of reducing weight while maintaining the desired stiffness.
– adaptation of the braking system using a single brake disc on the front wheel to make braking smoother on dirt and sandy surfaces.
– wheels with special billet machined hubs and specific off-road race tires: front 90/90-21 M/C, rear 140/80-18 M/C 70R.
– use of an Engines Engineering ECU with specific desert calibration and the possibility of selecting three maps depending on the road surface conditions. The system is also equipped with a “recovery mode”, a system that permits the completion of a stage even in the presence of failure.
– A new fuel system was also created with two front fuel tanks and one rear fuel tank which doubles as a Rear frame. This solution brought the total fuel capacity to 38 liters.
– The ergonomics were modified and validated following specific tests. Handlebar raised and advanced forward. The Seat-Fuel tank area slimmed to give the rider the possibility of assuming a comfortable and functional seated position, facilitating typical off-road riding movements.
– The roadbook for navigation and housing the mandatory safety systems for desert races is a must.
The future program includes the sale of conversion kits of the presented motorbike and the replica of the racing motorbike. The prototype will be exhibited at EICMA 2023 in pavilion 22 stand P03.