Engines Engineering – partner of the 6th edition of the MEng in Racing Motorcycle Engineering
ABOUT THE COURSE
The passion for speed, the excitement of race, the deployed ingenuity to build a vehicle that conveys great emotions: beyond the aesthetic fascination stemming from bikes, it is clear that all of this is possible thanks to the great technical work involved in the manufacturing of a racing bike, a project to be pursued with perseverance and creativity with high skills in engineering. However, the motorsport bike industry is made up of enthusiasts and experts and lacks of graduate engineers, who reveal the right skills to deal with this world from the working point of view.
The MEng in Racing Motorcycle Engineering, unique in Italy, was born to give the opportunity for young engineers to turn their passion and expertise into a real professional opportunity, thanks to the achievement of the following objectives:
- imparting technical skills to design and develop racing bikes;
- exploring topics in the engine and electronics area;
- teaching how to use the criteria and the modern methods of engineering applied to the racing bike and to the motorsport design sector;
- acquiring a valid knowledge to get into a racing team and be proactive in the task in a short time;
- offering an enriching experience aimed at developing leadership and team working.
The MEng in Racing Motorcycle Engineering is a high level educational program aimed to:
- Near-graduate or graduate in Mechanical Engineering;
- Near-graduate or graduate in Electronic Engineering;
- Near-graduate or graduate in Aerospace Engineering.
DURATION AND ATTENDANCE
The program, consisting of 10 modules, will be carried out over a period of 7 months, for a total duration of 300 hours in classroom.
Attendance is part-time on weekends.
Teaching staff is made up of mechanical and electronic engineers with several years of experience in the motorsport bike industry, from specialized areas.
- Vehicle Dynamics
- Data Acquisition and Electronic Management
- Engine and Transmission
- 3D and 2D Cad training
- Material and Heat Treatment in Bike Motorsport
- Cad Design of Engine Components
- Structural Calculation of Engine Components
- Cad Design of Chassis Components
- Structural Calculation of Chassis Components
- Aerodynamics – CFD
At the end of the master, a 3-6 months internship is provided for students who are not professionally employed at:
- Racing Team
Magneti Marelli, AVL, Lamborghini, Ducati, REGINA CATENE … these and many other companies that have offered internship opportunities to students from the first four editions of the master.
THE ADVANTAGES OF THE MEng
- Faculty of professionals in the field of Bike Motorsport;
- Contributions from partner companies of the highest level in the industry;
- Several visits to companies operating in racing team worldwide;
- Licenses for one year the CAD creo design software developed by PTC;
- Licenses, for the duration of the whole Master, for the track data acquisition and processing software processed from 2Ds.
- Bologna city: this land boasts a priceless heritage of culture and tradition in the field of high mechanics and motor two-wheelers, so much so that dozens of brands characterized by lifelong and glorious know-how have come out during the Twentieth Century, contributing to the creation of what is now called “the Motor Valley“.